Purpose: To analyze the structured, generic and process based approach to project management.
• To address the key research question: Is the generic and structured approach the ultimate solution for effective project management and the success of projects?
• To explore how the organizations can better implement the generic and structured methodology according to their needs and requirements.
• To identify and explore possible ‘grey areas’ associated with the implementation of the generic approach, where the careful considerations need to be taken into account by organizations.
• To highlight the future of PRINCE2 methodology.
Method:This research is based on an extensive critical literature review of the project management principles, methodology and its practical implications in different industries. Critical literature review uncovered the following important questions shown below that underpin the research study.
• Is the generic and structured approach the ultimate solution for effective project management and the success of project?
• Do the benefits of PRINCE2 outweigh its limitations in adoption of PRINCE2?
In order to address these questions, this research paper draws upon face to face semi-structured interviews conducted as part of a research study, which was designed to explore practical implications for process-based approach to project management across a range of different industries
Theory:Theory was taken from numerous journals, books, articles and research papers. The Literature review was done to build internal validity, raise theoretical level, and sharpen construct definitions in order to validate and compare what is actually the theory of the problem in question all about and what is happening in industry as well.
Analysis:Analysis was done on the basis of the data collected by means of face to face interviews. Data collection was based on research questions that were generated during literature review.
Author: Mustafa Raziq
Source: Blekinge Institute of Technology
Download URL 2: Visit Now